What’s On Golden Valley 3rd April 2019
Welcome to the first edition for April. Easter is very much on the horizon. Apologies to regular readers who missed last week’s edition. A technical issue resulted in some e-mails hiding in the outbox. This has been resolved. Last week’s edition is below.
Vowchurch saw March out in style with their monthly Farmers’ Market, which was, again, excellent. They are a really friendly bunch. They also put on a great show for Mother’s Day on Sunday, with gifts for the mums, Sunday papers and breakfast!
As I mentioned last week, normally I simply pass on details of events others are running, and try to visit as many as I can. However, the headline event this week is one I am involved in. On Sunday, 7th April, Steiner Academy Hereford, in Much Dewchurch, is hosting its annual Easter Fair, 11-4. The day will include pony rides, a treasure hunt, egg decorating, pet’s corner, food, stalls, story-telling. What more could you ask for? And free admittance! Methinks it will be a busy, and great day.
Next week, I’ll be looking at the Ewyas Harold Festival of Arts, which takes place in May. Details of some of the highlights for April are below. I’m off to set up a treasure hunt…..
- Saturday 10-12, Eaton Bishop Village Hall is hosting its monthly Farmers’ Market. I went to this in March and was very impressed by the catering, which has expanded.
- Abbeydore has a Quiz Evening 7pm Saturday 6th. This is raising money for Carers’ Trust and is co-ordinated by Clare Sage (07824 398766, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Walterstone Lunch at the Village Hall, 12.30 Sunday 7th 2 course meal, home-cooked, £8.
- Walterstone Village Hall Quiz Night, 7pm Friday 12th Hot supper. £8 per head. Palmer.email@example.com, 07729 317195.
- Allensmore Young Farmers are hosting an Easter Bingo on Friday 12th April, 7.30.
- Garway Heritage Centre: ‘The History of Herefordshire Field Names’, Tuesday 16th April 7.30. £5. Liz Lloyd 01981 580002, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Filling Station, a time of spiritual refreshment, Allensmore Village Hall, Good Friday, 7.30pm.
- Easter Egg Hunt, Honeymoor Common, Eaton Bishop. Saturday 20th April 11-2, £2 each. email@example.com
- Easter Egg Hunt, Redbrook Farm, Hoarwithy Saturday 20th April 11-2. £5 per person, to support Riding for the Disabled.
- Quiz and curry evening, Kilpeck Village Hall 27th April, 7pm.
- An evening with Kate Bliss, BBC TV Personality and antiques expert. Kingstone Village Hall, Saturday 27th April 7.30. £15 includes a light supper. Beverley Rose, 01981 251844, Janet Watson 01981 250135.